Conrad Bali has launched a deliciously innovative, health and wellness-conscious organic menu that sees the leading luxury resort team up with local farmers and communities as partners to ensure some of the freshest and most authentic organic produce reaches its guests.
The result is a menu that sings off the page in grace notes of intelligent organic cuisine. Some of the menu’s standouts include:
· Fresh green peas cappuccino, seared scallop and organic aloe vera
· Gelée of rock oysters in Champagne stone crab local organic sweet corn sorbet Sevruga caviar
· Wild salmon bar smoked on sandalwood sea prawn with ‘ikan bilis’ caper powder organic shallot-cucumber-kumquat marmalade
· Homemade foie gras terrine with pain d’épices and chocolate Balinese honey water bubble local exotic fruits micro leaves, argan oil dressing
· Black cod and lobster with local sea salt fricassée of clams and sea urchin kedondong curry leaf-lemongrass-kaffir lime local white bean purée
David Laval, director of Food and Beverage & Culinary Operations, Conrad Bali, said: “We are thrilled to be launching this organic menu. We feel that it is contemporary, stylish and most importantly takes diners on a journey that connects them with the heart of the destination.
“We have utilized organic, locally-sourced produce so we can offer guests a healthy and nourishing gourmet experience, but at the same time a meaningful one too as we are supporting and working with local farmers and communities to help them improve their ability to produce excellent, organic produce. This is the journey we are taking diners on: from paddy to plate – with a story that accompanies each and every dish.”
The two key suppliers to develop the exclusive menu for Conrad Bali’s beachfront, toes-in-the-sand restaurant, Eight Degrees South, and further develop its confidently relaxed ethos are The Role Foundation and Pod Chocolate.
Pod Chocolate is a sustainable chocolate maker in the heart of Bali, that works closely with local farmers to enable them to successfully grow cacao beans organically which it then processes and develops into chocolate which finds its way to the plates of Conrad Bali diners.
The Role Foundation operates a fully organic farm that trains local farmers in the practices in permaculture farming practices to grow fruit and vegetables that are sourced from the farm by Conrad Bali. It is one of a number of initiatives the organization is pioneering in its overarching goal to create opportunities for women on Bali by equipping them with skills and education.